Thursday, July 8, 2010

Camp Welaka, Madison's pick up.

Today is the day Madison is coming home from sleep away! We headed out to pick her up after lunch. As soon as we started climbing the hill I could hear her "My mom!". Awww, I even got teary eyed. She embraced Elliott and I and then Jordan (I hear sisters get closer as they age, lets hope so). She was not too dirty thank goodness and was all smiles. All the councilors said she did awesome, no home sickness and was a great sport. Yay!!! I was so happy for her. She had tons of new friends, songs, and stories from her first time at sleep away camp. On the way home she admitted crying in her bed one night because she missed me, poor thing. I don't think it affected her too much though :-)

Climbing "the hill".

First embrace!


Jordan was all hugs and smiles for Atlas, one of her councilors who she became really close with over her 2 week stay.


"Can I go to camp now?"


One of Madi's new friends :-)





"Taste this hose water, it's not too bad".


Cotton Eyed Joe!


We were the last to leave the campground. The girls were dancing and Elliott was bumming snacks from the councilors. Madison was nice enough to decorate him in stickers that were in her care package too.




Drawing a mustache on Atlas seemed like fun. She had the best personality, a really good friend to all the campers.




Load up the van!! I know she will be back next year.



Madison and Tweety, another councilor.

Since we were in Jupiter we headed to Grandma's house for a shower and dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, yum! It was so nice to have Madison back home, the house was definitely quiet without her.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment